Terms and Conditions of Participation
The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Online Contest ("Contest") which is organized by Planet49 Asia Pacific Pte Ltd ("Planet49"), a company incorporated in the Republic of Singapore whose main business activity is to collect data for purposes of promoting and marketing of products or services offered by sponsors and clients of Planet49.
- To participate in the Contest, participants are required to register at the official website of Planet49 by providing the following information:
- first and last name;
- mailing and email addresses; and
- telephone number.
- Participants are required to ensure that the information provided to Planet49 for registration of the Contest is valid, complete and accurate. In the event that such information is found to be invalid, incomplete and inaccurate, the participants will automatically be disqualified from the Contest.
- Participants are required to inform Planet49 of any changes to the information provided to Planet49 in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 1(a) above prior to the Closing Date (as hereinafter defined) by email to email@example.com.
- Eligibility for the Contest
- The Contest is open to all Malaysians, Permanent Residents and foreigners who are at least 18 years of age at the time of participation, and who are residing in Malaysia.
- Employees, representatives, assignees and agents of Planet49 as well as all sponsors, advertising agencies and event coordinators of Planet49, including their family and household members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Other Conditions of Participation
- Participation in the Contest shall be via the Internet. All entries for the Contest must be submitted to Planet49 via the internet on or before 31 July 2012.
- Participation in the Contest does not depend on the purchase of any merchandise, the use of any non-gratuitous services and/or the payment of any charges and/or user fees to Planet49 or other companies involved in the organisation of the Contest.
- Details and Conduct of the Contest
- The winner of the Contest will be determined on 11 August 2012 at 4pm ("Date").
- For each participant in the contest the time is measured to enter all required data as per section 1. The time is taking from opening the contest page to clicking "Participate" on the registration page. The winner of the contest is the participant who enters valid data in the shortest time.
- Planet49's decision as to the winners of the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties concerned, and no correspondence will be entertained by Planet49.
- The results of the Contest will be announced on the website of Planet49 at www.planet49.com.sg/winner-announcement within fourteen (14) days after this Date.
- Notification of the winners
All winners will be notified by ordinary post via the mailing address provided to Planet49 as part of the registration for the Contest.
- Contest Prizes
The prize for the Contest will be featured on Planet49's website.
- 1.Non-Transferability of Prizes
Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit or any other item, unless allowed by Planet49 as it deems appropriate and in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Claim for Prizes
- The relevant prize must be claimed personally by the winners at his or herown expense within two (2) months from the Date. Planet49 shall notify the winners of the location where the prizes are to be claimed.
- Prize winners are required to produce their identity cards when collecting their prizes.
- Any unclaimed prizes within the period referred to in paragraph 6.3(a) above shall be forfeited without any liability on the part of Planet49, and Planet49 may donate such forfeited prizes to a charitable organization in Malaysia.
- Replacement of Prizes
In the event the relevant stated prize is not available for whatever reason, Planet49 may substitute or replace such a prize with another prize of equal or similar value.
- Prizes to be accepted "as is"
- Planet49 reserves the right to determine the specifications and composition of the prizes. The winners shall accept the prizes on an "as is" basis.
- Planet49 makes no representation or warranty as to the quality or fitness for purpose of the prizes, and all implied terms and conditions with respect to the prizes are hereby expressly excluded and disclaimed. The prizes shall exclude installation, registration fee and any other fees incurred by the prize winner in connection with the use of the prize.
- Promotional, Marketing and Publicity Activities
Planet49 reserves the right to disclose and publish the name and any other particulars of the winners (including photographs) for publicity purposes and the winners agree to co-operate with and participate in the activities organized by Planet49 for such purposes.
- Rules of conduct and disqualification
Planet49 reserves the right to disqualify any participants from the Contestwho fail to comply with the terms and conditions stipulated herein, manipulate the participation process or the website of Planet49 and/or otherwise act unfairly or dishonestly or who try to influence the draw by disruption, harassment, annoyance of employees/software of Planet49, the sponsors or other participants.
- Frequency, Termination or Cancellation of the Contest
- Planet49 intends to conduct the Conteston an annual basis. However, this shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of Planet49 as Planet49 reserves the right to change the frequency of the Contestwithout any reason whatsoever.
- Planet49 reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Contest at any time without any prior notice given to the participants and without the need to assign any reason whatsoever for such cancellation or termination.
- Legal Proceedings and Liability
- Planet49 and its sponsors are not liable for any loss, late arrival, delay, alteration, manipulation and/or misdirection of emails and/or data during data entry, logging, transmission and/or storage which are caused by external data networks, in particular the Internet or as the case may be the world wide web, external telephone lines and/or other participants' and/or third parties' hardware and/or software, nor for any incorrect, missing, interrupted, deleted or defective data. In particular, no liability is assumed by Planet49 if emails or data provided through Planet49's website do not correspond with the requirements of the system and are consequently not accepted by the system.
- Planet49 and its sponsors are also not liable for any theft or destruction of the systems storing the data and/or storage media, unauthorised alteration and/or manipulation of the data in the systems and/or in the storage media by the participants or third parties, or any loss or damage incurred or suffered by the winner or the winner's family members in connection with the use of the prizes.
- Third Parties' Links
Planet49 does not assume any responsibility for the contents of any third party websites or web pages, the links to which are available or found in the websites of Planet49. The availability of these links shall not be taken to mean that Planet49 endorses, approves or agrees with any information available at the linked sites or pages, or any products or services that are offered at such linked sites or pages. Nor shall Planet49 be liable for any loss or damage that might result from any use of such information, products or services.
- By participating in the Contest, the participant declares that he or she agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Participation.
- Planet49 reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions of Participation without giving any prior notice to the Participants.
- Should any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Participation be held to be unenforceable under the applicable law, such provision shall be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions of Participation, without affecting the enforceability or validity of the remaining provisions, which shall continue in full force and effect.